Prof. Dr. Eva Cendon
- since March 2018: Chair University Continuing Education & Teaching and Learning at FernUniversität in Hagen
- since April 2016: Member of the overall direction of the project: Accompanying research of The joint Federal Government-Länder Competition “Advancement through Education: Open Universities”
- 04/2016–02/2018: Member of research staff at the department of Lifelong Learning at the FernUniversität in Hagen
- 02/2009–03/2016: Head of the Research Centre of Research on Continuing Education and Education Management at the Deutsche Universität für Weiterbildung (DUW) (German University for Continuing Education), development and direction of the extra- occupational further developing master programme Education and Competence Management
- 2005–2008: Member of research staff at the department of Research on Continuing Education and Education Management at the Danube University Krems
- 2001–2002: Research habitation at University Utrecht within the doctorate programme
- 1999–2005: Member of research staff at University Graz and Klagenfurt
- 1999–2005: Doctorate programme of Philosophy at Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (English: University of Graz), with emphasis on adult education as well as women and gender studies
- 1994–1999: Diploma studies of pedagogy with emphasis on adult education as well as women and gender studies at the Institute for Pedagogy and Educational Science at Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (English: University of Graz)
- 1990–1993: Vocational training for primary school teacher at the Pedagogic Academy Graz-Seckau
- Concepts and strategies of lifelong learning
- Orientation towards competence and learning outcomes and their implementation within teaching and learning processes
- Reflection and reflexivity in teaching and learning processes
- Roles of teachers in Continuing Education within Higher Education
- Approaches of Action Research and Practice Research
- Member of Steering Committee and vice-president of eucen – european university continuing education network
- Member of DGWF – Deutsche Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Weiterbildung und Fernstudium e.V. (English: German Association for University Continuing and Distance Education)
- Member of DGfE – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Erziehungswissenschaft (English: German Association for Educational Science), in the sections adult education as well as professional and business pedagogy
- Member of University of the Future Network
Advisory Council Activities
- Member of NQR-advisory council in Austria
- Member of scientific advisory council of the Quality Pact Teaching- Project „ Qualität hoch zwei” (English: „Quality to the two“) at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
- Member of Editorial Board of Journals Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning (WPLL) of Open University UK (referenced)
Selected English-language Publications
Cendon, Eva; Prager, Katharina; Schacherbauer, Eva; Winkler, Edith (eds.). (2008). Implementing Competence Orientation and Learning Outcomes in Higher Education. Processes and Practices in Five Countries. Krems/Horn.
Book chapters (peer-reviewed)
Cendon, Eva (2016). Bridging Theory and Practice – Reflective Learning in Higher Education. In Walter Nuninger and Jean-Marie Chatelet (eds.), Handbook of Research on Quality Assurance and Value Management in Higher Education. (pp. 304–324). IGI Global.
Articles in Journals (peer-reviewed)
- Cendon, Eva (2018). Lifelong Learning at Universities: Future Perspectives for Teaching and Learning. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Research, 7(2), 81–87. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7821/naer.2018.7.320
- Cendon, Eva; Turner, Agnes (2015). How Students Think: Critical Reflection in Studies of Professional Development at Universities. Educational Reflective Practices, 2015(1), 33–50.
- Zuber-Skerritt, Ortrun; Cendon, Eva (2014). Critical Reflection on Professional Development in the Social Sciences: Interview Results. Conceptual paper. International Journal for Researcher Development, 5(1), 16–32.