Currently, the team is conducting research within the framework of the CATALPA research professorship.
CATALPA projects may arise in the future in collaboration with other scientists* at the research center.
- TrACE - "Training Assessment Competencies in English as a Second Language" (2021-2024) led by Prof. Jens Möller (Institute for Pedagogical-Psychological Research on Teaching and Learning (IPL) Kiel University) and Prof. Stefan Keller (University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland). Our role as project partner: Automatic evaluation and analysis of English argumentative texts of German and Swiss 11th grade students
- "WisPerMed - Knowledge- and data-based personalization of medicine at the point of care"
(2021 - 2026). Interdisciplinary DFG Research Training Group (Medicine and Computer Science)
KISTRA "Use of AI for early detection of criminal offences"
(2020 - 2023). BMBF "Research for civil security".
KISS-Pro "AI in Language Learning - Concepts for Teacher Professional Development and Utilization Perspectives of AI-based Feedback Systems and Chatbots for Language Learning in Schools" (2023-2025)
- "Exploration of digital technologies in public employment services using text mining as an example" (2019-2020). BMAS FIS (Fördernetzwerk Interdisziplinäre Sozialpolitikforschung).
- "Automatic evaluation of free text answers" (2019-2020). TestDaF Institute
- "DKPro - Language Technology Middleware" (2018-2020). DFG in-kind grant in the program "Sustainability of Research Software".
- "ASSURE- Argument-based Decision Support for Recommender Systems" (2018-2020). DFG in-kind grant in the priority program "Ratio - Robust Argumentation Machines"
- "Mobile Communications Database - MoCoDa" (2017). Word class recognition for chat data. Ministry of Culture and Science NRW
- "Educational Equity in Focus II" (2016 - 2020). Understanding and modeling learner responses. BMBF
- "Transferring the RTG experience in social media" (2016). German-Arab Transformation Partnership. DAAD
- "User-centered Social Media" (2015 - 2020). Interdisciplinary DFG Research Training Group (Computer Science and Psychology)
- "Text as Process" (2010 - 2013). Analysis of collaborative writing processes in Wikipedia and the influence of discussion pages on the quality of articles. Subproject in the LOEWE focus "Digital Humanities Hessian Excellence Program LOEWE".