Prof. Ulrike Baumöl was a member of the research cluster until September 2019 and held the Chair of Information Management at the FernUniversität inHagen. Since October 2019, she is the rector of the Universität Liechtenstein in Vaduz.
She has many years of experience with third-party-funded research and focuses on the topics:
- Intelligent decision support, particularly reference modeling and intelligent systems
- Information and communications management in distributed organizations, and
- Method construction for business engineering projects
For some time, she has been engaged with the effects of digitalization on the innovation of business models and organizations. In connection with this, she investigates the effects of disruptive change in the working world on education, for example through the demands placed on university teaching and learning environments by future students as well as political and societal stakeholders.
Prof. Baumöl was a member of the research cluster’s executive board.
- Ulrike Baumöl; Alina Bockshecker: Evolutionary change of higher education driven by digitalization, in 16th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET), Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, 2017.
- Alina Bockshecker; Sarah Hackstein; Ulrike Baumöl: Systematization of the Term Digital Transformation and its Phenomena from a Socio-Technical Perspective – a Literature Review, in 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Portsmouth, UK, 2018 (PDF 242 KB)
- Alina Bockshecker; Birgit Großer; Sarah Hackstein; Jana Hochberg; Ulrike Schellberg; Cathrin Vogel; Ulrike Baumöl; Barbara Völzmann-Stickelbrock; Theo Bastiaens: Academic Media Architecture for Digital Learning Environments in Higher Education, in Multikonferenz Wirtschaftsinformatik (MKWI), pp. 869-880, Lüneburg 2018.
- Cathrin Vogel; Birgit Großer; Sara Kepplinger; Ulrike Baumöl; Theo Bastiaens: Tacit knowledge in virtual university learning environments, in 14th International Conference on Mobile Learning (ML), Lisbon, Portugal, 2018
- Birgit Großer; Sara Kepplinger; Cathrin Vogel; Ulrike Baumöl: Knowledge processes in virtual teams – tacit knowledge, in 20th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 2018.
- Cathrin Vogel, Jana Hochberg, Sarah Hackstein, Alina Bockshecker, Theo J. Bastiaens, Ulrike Baumöl: Dropout in distance education and how to prevent it, in Proceedings of EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2018 (pp. 1788-1799). Waynesville, NC: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), 2018
- Alina Bockhecker, M.Sc.
- Birgit Großer, M.Sc.
Prof. Baumöl collaborated with an interdisciplinary team of chairs at the FernUniversität:
Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT, Ilmenau)
The cross-faculty Digitalization research team had established a collaboration with the IDMT.