As a modern European university, the FernUniversität in Hagen sees internationalization as a quality feature for all its areas of activity – whether this takes the form of academic study, teaching, research, or administration. Open-mindedness, a willingness to understand other cultures and respectful interaction are a fundamental prerequisite for this. Internationalization has been firmly anchored as a key objective for the university through the establishment of the office of the Vice-President for Continuing Education, Knowledge Transfer, and International Affairs. Organizationally, it represents a task that must be implemented jointly by all departments of the university.
The team at the International Office is on hand to advise and support all university students and staff with their internationalization projects.
SPECIAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS OPEN NOW!
International Virtual Summer School
“Keep Cool: Stories of Adaptation in the Warming City” from 21 to 26 August 2023
Register now for the international and interdisciplinary Summer School on Climate Adaptation and apply the knowledge and methods you have acquired during your studies. Broaden your perspectives through collaborative and solution-oriented work in international teams and strengthen your intercultural and communication skills.
News and Events
What Does the International Office Actually Do?
The graphic represents a circle that is divided into three areas. In the middle is the logo of the FernUniversität.
The following areas are distinguished by color:
- Service & Support
- Strategic internal and external internationalization
- Representation in international networks
- Expansion and maintenance of the partnership network
2. Service & Support
- Support for teaching staff in the internationalization of the curriculum
- Advice on international funding opportunities (e.g., DAAD, Erasmus+, etc.)
- Welcome Service
- English proofreading and translation service
- Advice on international mobility for university staff
- Administration of funding programs (e.g., Erasmus+, STIBET, etc.)
- Organization of and advice on Staff Weeks, job shadowing, etc.
Do you have any suggestions, ideas, or questions about internationalization at the FernUniversität in Hagen? Feel free to get in contact with us.
The aim of our Internationalization Fund is to create incentives that support innovative projects with our international partners and, in so doing, to further the ongoing internationalization of the FernUniversität in a dynamic and targeted manner.
- Individual projects, such as the conception and implementation of international summer schools, colloquia, or workshops with international partners can be funded at up to €10,000.
- Institutionalized projects with international partners in the context of third-party funding can apply for up to €25,000 of additional funds (e.g., co-financing of a project-based job (25%)). Decisions on the funding are made by the University Board.
- The amount of funding depends on the respective project structure. The funding period corresponds to the project duration and is limited to a maximum of three years (for project-based jobs). Applications can be submitted only once per project initiative.
- Preference will be given to projects with existing partner universities. You should outline the strategic relevance of the project in your application.
Are you interested? If so, please send your completed application including a short project description highlighting the strategic added value for the university to international.
We look forward to hearing from you and we are always happy to advise you!
Learn more about the FernUniversität’s internationalization strategy and activities.
Welcome to the FernUniversität in Hagen! Find the most important information for your stay.
Innovative and international digital projects at the FernUniversität.
Get a glimpse of the diverse international cooperations, activities, and events at the FernUniversität.
Broaden your horizons through international experience at the FernUniversität.