Tel.: +49 2331 987 - 2216
Jolanda van der Noll studied Political Science (Leiden University, the Netherlands) and Migration, Ethnic Relations and Multiculturalism (MERM; Utrecht University, the Netherlands). She was a fellow at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) at Jacobs University Bremen in Germany, where she was awarded her Ph.D. in 2012. Jolanda van der Noll was awarded a two-year research grant by the Académie Universitaire de Louvain, co-funded by the Marie Curie Actions of the European Commission to work at the Centre for Psychology of Religion (Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium). In September 2014, Jolanda joined the Department of Community Psychology at the FernUniversität in Hagen. Jolanda has broad interests within political psychology, and her current research deals with attitudes and prejudice towards minorities, particularly Muslim minorities and Islamophobia, the acceptance of cultural diversity, values and value conflicts, and attitudes towards religion and the role of religion in society.
Jolanda is an active member of the International Society for Political Psychology (ISPP).
- Attitudes and prejudice towards minorities, particularly Muslim minorities; Islamophobia
- Acceptance of cultural diversity
- Value conflicts
- Attitudes towards religion and the role of religion in society
For a list of publications please visit my Google Scholar profile.
Service to the academic community
- since July 2014: Director of Communications of the International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- since July 2013: Editor of ISPPNews - Newsletter of the International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- 2013 - 2016: Board member of the ECPR Standing Group on Religion and Politics
- 2012 - 2016: Board member of the IPSA Research Committee on Religion and Politics (RC43)
- Since October 2015: postdoctoral research stipend (Habilitationsstipendium) of the FernUniversität Hagen
Since September 2014: postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the department of Community Psychology, FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany
05-06/2014: Research stay at the Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice, Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
2012-2014: Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow, Institut de recherche en sciences psychologiques, Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium
2008-2012: Ph.D. Fellow at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS), Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
2011-2012: Research associate for the research project "Gesellschaftlicher Zusammenhalt in Deutschland" [Social Cohesion in Germany], Jacobs University Bremen, Deutschland
07/2008: Research exchange through the Trans-Atlantic Graduate Exchange Program, Race, Ethnicity and Migration Studies (REMS)’, Howard University, Washington D.C. (USA)
2006-2008: MSc. "Migration, Ethnic Relations, and Multiculturalism (MERM)", University of Utrecht, the Netherlands
2000-2006: doctoraal Political Science (equivalent to MA degree), University of Leiden, the Netherlands