Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg M. Haake
Since December 1st, 2001, Jörg Haake is professor at the FernUniversität Hagen an chair for Distributed Systems.
Until November 2001 he was division manager at the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Publication and Information Systems (IPSI) in Darmstadt, Germany.
His current research interests at the FernUniversität include:
- Design, implementation, use and evaluation of computer-supported cooperative learning environments,
- Design, implementation, use and evaluation of computer support for virtual organisations and Extended Enterprises,
- Design and use of hypermedia-based cooperation environments, development of generic frameworks for context-based adaptive cooperation environments, and awareness in shared workspaces.
Professor Haake is
- Member of the management team of the Research Cluster „Digitalization, Diversity and Lifelong Learning – Consequences for Higher Education“ (D²L²). As a member of the research focus, he works specifically on Adaptive Personalized Learning Environment (APLE).
- Scientific editor of the electronic open access journal „e-learning and education“ (eleed). eleed provides a platform for new scientific research results from the wide-ranging field of e-learning.
- Member of the steering committee of the Area Informatics and Education/ Didactic of Informatics (IAD)of the German Society for Computer Science (GI).
- Member of the steering committee of the SIG E-Learning of the German Computer Society (GI).
- Member of the editorial boards of the international journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (ijCSCL) from the International Society of the Learning Sciences.