Prof. Dr. Eva Cendon
Photo: Hardy Welsch
Phone: +49 2331 987-4061
- since April 2022: Professor of Chair Adult and Continuing Education at FernUniversität in Hagen
- 03/2018–03/2022: Professor of University Continuing Education & Teaching and Learning at FernUniversität in Hagen
- 04/2016–12/2020: Member of the overall direction of the project: Accompanying research of The joint Federal Government-Länder Competition “Advancement through Education: Open Universities”
- 04/2016–02/2018: Member of research staff at the department of Lifelong Learning at the FernUniversität in Hagen
- 02/2009–03/2016: Head of the Research Centre of Research on Continuing Education and Education Management at the Deutsche Universität für Weiterbildung (DUW) (German University for Continuing Education), development and direction of the extra- occupational further developing master programme Education and Competence Management
- 2005–2008: Member of research staff at the department of Research on Continuing Education and Education Management at the Danube University Krems
- 2001–2002: Research habitation at University Utrecht within the doctorate programme
- 1999–2005: Member of research staff at University Graz and Klagenfurt
- 1999–2005: Doctorate programme of pedagogy at Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (English: University of Graz), with emphasis on adult education as well as women and gender studies
- 1994–1999: Diploma studies of pedagogy with emphasis on adult education as well as women and gender studies at the Institute for Pedagogy and Educational Science at Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz (English: University of Graz)
- 1990–1993: Vocational training for primary school teacher at the Pedagogic Academy Graz-Seckau
- Future of teaching and learning at universities
- Concepts and strategies of lifelong learning at universities
- Reflection and reflexivity in teaching and learning
- Roles and functions of educators
- Approaches of action research and practice-based research
- Member of DGWF – Deutsche Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Weiterbildung und Fernstudium e.V. (English: German Association for University Continuing and Distance Education)
- Member of DGfE – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Erziehungswissenschaft (English: German Association for Educational Science)
- Member of University of the Future Network
Current Advisory Council Activities
- Member of the PhD board of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, FernUniversität in Hagen (since 9/2020)
- Member of the Managing Board of the Institute of History and Biography, FernUniversität in Hagen (since 7/2020)
- Member of the Executive Board of the inter-university project HD@DH.nrw: Hochschuldidaktik im digitalen Zeitalter (Teaching and Learning in the Digital Era) (since 11/2020)
- Member of Steering Committee and vice-president of eucen – european university continuing education network (since 2019)
- Member of the Editorial Board and Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of University Lifelong Learning (EJULL) (formerly eucen eJournal of University Lifelong Learning) (since 2020)
- Member of Editorial Board of Journals Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning (WPLL) of Open University UK (since 2017)
- Reviewer and member of Jury for the Helmholtz funding line „knowledge transfer” (since 2017)
Selected English-language Publications
Cendon, Eva; Prager, Katharina; Schacherbauer, Eva & Winkler, Edith (eds.). (2008). Implementing Competence Orientation and Learning Outcomes in Higher Education. Processes and Practices in Five Countries. Krems/Horn.
Book chapters (peer-reviewed)
- Cendon, Eva (2020). From Reflective Practice to Critical Thinking. The Reflective Practitioner in Higher Education, in: Nuninger, Walter/Chatelet, Jean-Marie (eds.): Handbook of Research on Operational Quality Assurance in Higher Education for Life-Long Learning. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, S. 189-211. doi:10.4018/978-1-7998-1238-8
- Cendon, Eva (2019). Connecting theory and practice in higher education in Germany. In Jon Talbot (Ed.), Global Perspectives on Work-Based Learning Initiatives. (pp. 84–113). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Cendon, Eva (2016). Bridging Theory and Practice – Reflective Learning in Higher Education. In Walter Nuninger and Jean-Marie Chatelet (eds.), Handbook of Research on Quality Assurance and Value Management in Higher Education. (pp. 304–324). IGI Global.
Articles in Journals (peer-reviewed)
- Cendon, Eva; Bakker, Wieger & Halttunen, Timo (2021). Learning for impact in a changing world. European Journal of University Lifelong Learning, 5(1), 1-6. DOI:10.53807/0501qh9e
- Cendon, Eva; Mörth, Anita & Schulte, Dorothée (2021). University continuing education as an innovation lab for future education – potentials and limitations. European Journal of University Lifelong Learning 5(1), 15-25. DOI:10.53807/0501asxt
- Cendon, Eva & Noordegraaf, Mirko (2021). Reinventing traditions. Three questions to Mirko Noordegraaf. European Journal of University Lifelong Learning, 5(1), 97-100. DOI:10.53807/05013cgx
- Cendon, Eva & Butcher, John (2021). Editorial. Journal Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning 23(1), 1-4 (4). DOI:10.5456/WPLL.23.1.1
- Cendon, Eva (2018). Lifelong Learning at Universities: Future Perspectives for Teaching and Learning. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Research, 7(2), 81–87. DOI:10.7821/naer.2018.7.320
- Cendon, Eva & Turner, Agnes (2015). How Students Think: Critical Reflection in Studies of Professional Development at Universities. Educational Reflective Practices, 2015(1), 33–50.
- Zuber-Skerritt, Ortrun & Cendon, Eva (2014). Critical Reflection on Professional Development in the Social Sciences: Interview Results. Conceptual paper. International Journal for Researcher Development, 5(1), 16–32.
- Dadze-Arthur, Abena; Mörth, Anita &Cendon, Eva (2020). International Trailblazers: Work-Based Higher Education in Selected Institutes in the US, England and Denmark. Results of an International Case Study Research Project. Thematic Report. Wissenschaftliche Begleitung des Bund-Länder-Wettbewerbs „Aufstieg durch Bildung: offene Hochschulen“. DOI: 10.25656/01:18870.
- Schulte, Dorothée; Cendon, Eva & Makoe, Mpine (2020). Re-Visioning the Future of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Report on Focus Group Discussions for the UNESCO Futures of Education Initiative. University of the Future Network. Retrieved from https://unifuture.network/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/08/20200722_UFN_UNESCO-report_fin.pdf
- Cendon, Eva (2020). Aktionsforschung. Lehrvideo im Projekt Meet and Read Experts. [Video] Retrieved from https://www.fernuni-hagen.de/zebo/lehrvideos/Aktions_forschung.shtml
- Schulte, Dorothée, & Cendon, Eva with collaboration of Hochberg, Jana & Wild, Rüdiger (2019). The Digitalization of the University of the Future. Visions on the Future of Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age. [Video] Retrieved from https://offene-hochschulen.de/de.offene-hochschulen.de/fyls/5445/serve_webm/video.webm
Adult and Continuing Education | 13.04.2022