Elise Glaß, M. A.
- since April 2019: Research Associate at FernUniversität in Hagen, Chair Continuing Education & Teaching and Learning > from now on: Chair Adult and Continuing Education
- Teaching Module: „Management und Durchführung einer Projektarbeit“ (Module 3B, B.A. Bildungswissenschaft)
- Member of the "Rektoratsausschuss Forschung und wissenschaftliche Nachwuchsförderung"
- Member of the "Studiengangkommission B.A. Bildungswissenschaft"
- 04–09/2021: Research Associate in the project "German Digital Open University – Developing structural models of digital higher education in Germany"
- 04/2019–12/2020: Research Associate at FernUniversität in Hagen as part of the Bund-Länder-Competition “Advancement through Education: Open Universities”
- WiSe 2018/19: lecturer at Justus-Liebig-Universität in Gießen, professorship for continuing education
- 01/2018–03/2019: free research assistant in the project „Competence 4.0 – competence shifts and competence development in the digitization process: company case studies“ (Universität Hamburg/Pädagogische Hochschule Zürich)
- 07–12/2017: Humboldt Research Track Scholarship (funded by the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin within the Excellence Initiative of the states and the federal government)
- July 2017: Master of Arts (M. A.) in Educational Sciences (focus: Adult Education) at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- January 2014: Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in Educational Sciences and Gender Studies at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- 02/2009–12/2016: full scholarship funded by the “Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes”
- 03/2011–07/2017: student assistant in the projects „Effekte – effects of vocation vouchers on companies and employees in the German-speaking area“, „T75 – Education and Culture Centre Turmstraße 75“ and „Competence 4.0“
- 03–09/2013: practical training and free educational assistant at the “Büro für berufliche Bildungsplanung” (bbb) Bonn
(Further) Development of Pedagogical Professionalism through Reflection on Theory and Practice. A qualitative study on learning and reflection processes of professionally experienced students in the B. A. Educational Science.
- educational professionalization
- learning processes in higher education
- Program planning in adult education
- Needs assessment and teaching arrangements in enterprises
- Digitization of work and related competence shifts
- Gender and Diversity as a cross-cutting issue
- Member of DGWF – Deutsche Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Weiterbildung und Fernstudium e.V. (English: German Association for University Continuing and Distance Education)
- Associated member of the German Educational Research Association (GERA | DGfE)
Selected English-language Publications
- Glass, Elise (2022). Pedagogical professionalisation through higher education – learning beyond practice. European Journal of University Lifelong Learning, 06(01), 13–17. https://doi.org/10.53807/0601uo50
- Cendon, Eva; Schulte, Dorothée; Glaß, Elise; Mörth, Anita & Beckmann, Viola (2021). GDOU. German Digital Open University: Proposed forms of collaboration for digital higher education in Germany. Retrieved from: https://ub-deposit.fernuni-hagen.de/receive/mir_mods_00001748
Adult and Continuing Education | 23.08.2022