Univ.-Prof. Dr. Till Winkler
|04/2009 – 11/2012||Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Berlin, Germany |
- Ph.D. in Information Systems/Wirtschaftsinformatik (Dr. rer. pol.)
|10/2000 – 05/2006||Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany |
- Degree programme: Information Engineering and Management (Diplom)
|University of Hagen, Hagen, Germany:|
|01/2021 – ongoing||Chaired Professor in Information Management Faculty of Business Administration and Economics|
|Copenhagen Business School, Frederiksberg, Denmark:|
|01/2021 – ongoing||Associate Professor (part time) (Department of Digitalization)|
|08/2019 – 12/2020||Associate Dean for Digital Curriculum (Dean’s Office)|
|02/2017 – 12/2020||Associate Professor (Department of Digitalization)|
|06/2013 – 02/2017||Assistant Professor (Department of Digitalization)|
|Stevens Institue of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, USA:|
|06/2013 – 07/2013||Visiting Researcher|
|Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany:|
|10/2012 – 05/2013||Postdoctoral Researcher (Institute of Information Systems)|
|04/2009 – 09/2012||Doctoral Researcher (Institute of Information Systems)|
|Capgemini Deutschland GmbH, Berlin, Germany:|
|10/2006 – 12/2011||Consultant (Technology Transformation, Competence area IT Governance & Organization)|
Recent Research Management
- Education project (steering board) “Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Business Teachers”, Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education, 2020-2021
- Education project (steering board) “Digital Competence and Curriculum Development in a Digital Age – Social Sciences and Business Economics”, Danish Ministry of Education and Research, 2020-2021
- Research project (grant holder) “A Cross-National Comparison of Health Information Technology-related Policy Frameworks”, Danish Council for Independent Research, 2018-2019
- Completed International Research Management Course (5.5 days) at CBS Executive, 06/2019
- Digital Transformation Management, Master elective, CBS
- Foundations of Healthcare IT, Master course, CBS
- Frontiers in Digital Healthcare, Master elective, CBS
- Cloud Computing for Business, Master elective, CBS
- Introduction to Information Systems and IS Development, Bachelor course, CBS
- Formative and Continuous Feedback, Assistant Professor Program, CBS
Selected Editorial Roles
- Business and Information Systems Engineering (BISE), Associate Editor, Department: Management and Use of Information and Knowledge, since 2017
- Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), Guest Editor, special issue: Transformative Value of Cloud Computing, 2016-2017
- Association of Information Systems (AIS) Early Career Award, 2019
- Best Associate Editor, Conference Wirtschaftsinformatik, 2019, Siegen
- Excellent Teacher Award, Copenhagen Business School for the year 2017
- Outstanding Associate Editor, Int’l Conference on Information Systems 2017
- Best Reviewer of the Year, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 2016
Journal articles (2012-2020)
- Wulf, J., Winkler, T. J. (2020) "Evolutional and Transformational Configuration Strategies: A Rasch Analysis of IT Providers’ Service Management Capability", Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Vol. 21, No. 3, article 7.
- Winkler, T. J., Wulf, J. (2019) "Effectiveness of IT Service Management Capability: Value Co-Creation and Value Facilitation Mechanisms.", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 36, No. 2., pp. 639-675.
- Benlian, A., Kettinger, B., Sunyaev, A., Winkler, T. J. (2018) "The Transformative Value of Cloud Computing: A Decoupling, Platformization, and Recombination Theoretical Framework", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 35, No. 3., pp. 719–739.
- Winkler, T. J., Kettunen, P. (2018) "Five Principles of Industrialized Transformation for Successfully Building an Operational Backbone", MIS Quarterly Executive, Vol. 17, No. 2., pp. 121-138.
- Winkler, T. J., Ozturk, P., and Brown, C. V. (2016). "Sustainability Strategies for Regional Health Information Organization Startups", Health Policy and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 341-349.
- Winkler, T. J., Benlian, A., Piper, M. and Hirsch, H. (2014), "Bayer HealthCare Delivers a Dose of Reality for Cloud Payoff Mantras in Multinationals", MIS Quarterly Executive, Vol. 13 No. 4, pp. 193-208.
- Winkler, T. J. and Brown, C. V. (2014), "Horizontal Allocation of Decision Rights for On-Premise Applications and Software-as-a-Service", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 30 No. 3, pp. 13-48.
- Winkler, T. J., Ziekow, H. and Weinberg, M. (2012), "Municipal Benefits of Participatory Urban Sensing: A Simulation Approach and Case Validation", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 7 No. 3.
- Over 30 articles in refereed proceedings and peer-reviewed book chapters
lehrstuhl.winkler | 13.08.2021