A Professional Training Course
Project Management is a goal-oriented management concept for initiating, planning, monitoring and controlling projects. Project management also includes employee management as well as the documentation of processes and project results.
This professional training course provides the most important success factors for the basics of professional project management and introduces practicable instruments and methods suitable across all industries and sectors. Furthermore, it provides a wide range of check lists, forms and other templates for individual project work. In the course of this learning programme you will be actively involved in the planning and controlling of an example project for which you will develop solutions and apply different project management tools.
- The target group of this basic course are people who do project-oriented work in their daily professional life.
- Or for people who wish to strengthen the competences as a project manager.
This course provides you with comprehensive input into the basics and methods of project management. You will acquire the knowledge and resources necessary to differentiate the project cycle into its phases and to apply adequate project management instruments, including essential forms and checklists. With the help of a project example you can directly comprehend the practical relevance of the learning contents.
- Chapter 1 focuses on the basics of project management. It explains the characteristic features of a project and what kinds of projects exist. The functions and tasks of project management are presented as well as the instruments and criteria for successful project management.
- Chapter 2 shows how projects are initiated in the definition phase and how a project organisation typically looks like. From the analysis of the starting position through the clarification of project goals and the structuring of the project order to the kick-off meeting all components of the definition phase are described.
- Chapter 3 deals with the planning and organisation of projects during the planning phase. In particular, the project structure plan, the project flow and scheduling as well as resources, cost and quality planning are explained.
- Chapter 4 covers the management of projects during the implementation phase and includes aspects such as project controlling, quality assurance, team leadership as well as project documentation.
- Chapter 5 describes the project completion phase. The structure and function of the conclusion presentation, report and meeting are delineated. Furthermore, it is shown what needs to be taken into account in the dissolution of the project team and in project maintenance.
- Chapter 6 presents practical aids which can support you in your daily project work.
The course supports interactive and multimedia learning in the following ways:
- You can either work on the course from chapter to chapter in a linear structure or freely select any chapter and proceed in any order you prefer.
- Animations and interactive graphics support you in the learning process.
- With the help of a digital notepad you can directly apply and reflect on the acquired knowledge.
- You have the possibility to access internet links in the course software which lead you to relevant internet websites with additional information.
- The easy-to-use interface with full-text search, bookmarks, glossary, index and individual notepad facilitate your work on the course contents.
PC, notebook or tablet, sound card (optional), current internet browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or a comparable browser). Operating systems: Windows, Linux, MacOS.