Dr. Gregor Schäfer
Research associate in the DFG-project
Educational Privileges Under Pressure. A Study of Educational Strategies of Upper Milieus in Higher Education
|Since 10/2019||Current position|
10/2016 - 09/2019
Research associate in the DFG-project "Mobile transitions - mobile lifestyles? Career choices and way of living at the transition to transnational scientific careers in the European Union" at the chair "Sociology - Empiricism/Hermeneutics/Statistics", University of Siegen
04/2016 - 09/2016
Research associate at the chair "Chair of Social Policy and Public Finance", Ruhr-University Bochum
- Schäfer, G. (2021). Horizontal Europeanisation among mobile doctoral candidates in the context of the European Union and the European Research Area, European Journal of Education, DOI: 10.1111/ejed.12444
- Schäfer, G. (2020). Spatial mobility and the perception of career development for social sciences and humanities doctoral candidates, Studies in Continuing Education,
- Schäfer, G. (2020). Construction of European identity among intra-EU mobile young academics, Journal of Identity and Migration Studies, 14 (1), S. 40-60. PDF
- Schäfer, G. (2020). Accumulation of mobility capital over the life course of mobile doctoral candidates, Applied Mobilities, DOI: 10.1080/23800127.2020.1716452
- Schittenhelm K. & Schäfer, G. (2019) Migration von Hochqualifizierten. In: Röder, A. & Zifonun, D. (Eds.), Handbuch Migrationssoziologie. Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- Schäfer, G. & El Dali, Y. (2019). Trajectories into foreign higher education systems for doctoral candidates from Germany: a comparative study of France and the Netherlands, Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education, DOI: 10.1080/03057925.2019.1627859
- Schäfer G. (2018). Academic Mobility in an Emerging European Research Area: Perception and Realization of its Instruments among PhD Candidates, Migration Studies – Review of Polish Diaspora, 3 (169), p. 123–142. PDF
- Schittenhelm, K., El Dali, Y. & Schäfer, G. (2017). Zwischen Hochschulabschluss und transnationaler Wissenschaftslaufbahn: Berufsausübung und Lebensführung von internationalen Promovierenden. In Neusel, A. & Wolter, A. (Eds.), Mobile Wissenschaft: Internationale Mobilität und Migration in der Hochschule. Campus, Frankfurt/New York.
- "Social reproduction/mobility and EU student migration: The case of German medicine students". 27th International Conference of Europeanists, Online, June 2021.
- "Experiences of Junior Researchers Abroad: Appreciation and Devaluation in a New Field". IV ISA Forum of Sociology, Online, February 2021.
- "Should I stay, or should I go? Plans and orientation regarding future mobility of mobile doctoral candidates after their graduation". European Conference on Educational Research 2019, Hamburg, September 2019.
- "Construction of European identity among intra-EU mobile young academics". European Sociological Association PhD Summer School 2019, Manchester, August 2019.
- "Adjustment of German doctoral candidates In France and the Netherlands". 14th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Manchester, August 2019.
- "Construction of European identity among intra-EU mobile young academics". 26th International Conference of Europeanists, Madrid, June 2019.
- "Spatial mobility and the perception of career development. An example from German doctoral candidates in the social sciences and humanities in the Netherlands". European Educational Research Association’s International Research Seminar on “(Post) Academic Careers: PhD graduates and Employability in- and outside Academia”, Amsterdam, March 2019.
- “Strategien im Umgang mit beruflicher Unsicherheit bei mobilen Doktoranden*innen der Geistes- und Gesellschaftswissenschaften". 39. Kongress der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Soziologie, Göttingen, September 2018.
- "Accumulation of mobility capital. An example from PhD candidates". European Conference on Educational Research, Bolzano, September 2018.
- "Trajectories into foreign higher education systems for PhD candidates from Germany: A comparative look at France and the Netherlands". 34th European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS) Colloquium, Tallinn, June 2018.
- "Europeanization of mobile academics in a united European Research Area". 12th Biennial Conference of the European Community Studies Association-Canada, Toronto.
- "Internationalization and Europeanization of the Social Sciences and Humanities". International Staff Week - The Status of Social Sciences and Humanities in Higher Education and Research, Osijek, October 2017.
- "The perception and usage of EU-instruments to enhance mobility by PhD students". 13th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Athens, August 2017.
- "Mobility of junior researchers within Europe and the influence of EU-instruments". V International Summer School on Higher Education Research at the Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg, June 2017.