Josef Ruppenhofer (Ph.D.)
Research assistant at the research professorship "Computational Linguistics" in the project DAKODA
Phone: +49 2331 987 - 1472
Universitätsstraße 27 – PRG / Building 5
Raum B116 / 1. OG
What is my role within CATALPA?
As a computational linguist in the project DAKODA, I work on the application of NLP and computational linguistic methods and tools to the study of language acquisition by L2 learners.
Within the DAKODA project at CATALPA, I can contribute to a diverse and interdisciplinary research group that combines applied interests in NLP/CL and language education with theoretically grounded linguistics.
- since 03.2023 Postdoctoral researcher in the project DAKODA
- 08.2018 - 02.2023: co-lead of the Archive for Spoken German, Leibniz-Institute for the German Language, Mannheim
- 05. 2016 - 07. 2018: Group lead for the area of Sentiment Analysis, Leibniz ScienceCampus, Leibniz-IDS/Universität Heidelberg
- 05.2011 - 04.2016: Postdoctoral researcher, Institute for Information Science and Language Technology, Hildesheim University
- 07.2008 - 03.2011: Postdoctoral researcher, Dept. of Computational Linguistics, Saarland University, Saarbrücken
- 01. 2007 - 06.2008: Intelligent Systems Program, University of Pittsburgh
- 01.2005 – 01.2006: Postdoctoral researcher, FrameNet project, International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley. CA
- 12.2004 Phd in Linguistics, University of California at Berkeley
- 12.1999 MA in Linguistics, University of California at Berkeley
- 05.1997 MA in Linguistics, University of Colorado at Boulder
- NLP for educational applications
- Corpus linguistics
- Frame semantics, construction grammar
- Sentiment analysis, offensive language
I am working in the project "DAKODA: Data Competencies in DaF/DaZ: Exploration of Language Technology Approaches for the Analysis of L2 Acquisition Levels in Learner Corpora"